|Item Weight||12.23 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||28.7 x 6.6 x 4 inches|
|Item model number||7575|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Installation Method||Base Mounted|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Plug Profile||Wood Base Mount|
|Special Features||Designed with a quick cam locking base that locks the sliding support arms in place for a fast, frustration free setup. The PRO-GRIND Sharpening System includes 5 different sharpening jigs with preset gauges. Each gauge is set for the correct angle, tool type and style of grind. The 27” Multi-Grind Mounting Bar is ideal for grinding skews, chisels, gouges and more. The 3” x 5” platform with miter slot is perfect for scraper, skews, hand chisels and hand plane blades.|
|Usage||Sharpen a multitude of workshop tools using this system. From standard chisels to advanced wood turning tools, this system will aid you in producing a wonderfully sharp edge.|
Pro Grind Sharpening System For Lathe Turning Tools, Chisels, Skews, Gouges, Bowl Gouges, Spindle Gouges and More. Includes the Multi-Grind Jig for Gouges, Slotted Platform and Tool Rest
- Finally a sharpening system with all the angle setup jigs and fixtures you need! All without breaking the bank!
- Sharpen chisels, gouges, bowl gouges, spindle gouges, carving tools, wood turning scrapers, parting tools, block plane irons and more with the PRO GRIND Sharpening System! With 3 primary methods of sharpening, you’ll be able to precisely hone each tool to your exacting specifications regardless of the tool you are sharpening. The PRO GRIND Sharpening System includes a vast collection of unique setup tools, jigs and accessories that most sharpening systems force you to purchase separately
- The included and versatile Multi-Grind Jig will correctly shape the edge on bowl gouges, side grinds (aka Ellsworth grind, Liam O’Neil grind/Irish grind) or fingernail grinds for spindle work and detailing. Not only will it correctly shape your tools, you will also be able to repeat the process to produce consistent results every time. The Multi-Grind Jig is designed to be used with the included Multi-Grind arm on the PRO GRIND Sharpening System and will accept tools up to 1.125” in diameter.
- The PRO GRIND Tool Rest Bar attachment offers you the best possible way to achieve a precise edge to your bevels without taking of too much material off of your tool. After all, we need our tools to last a long time, so why would you want to take off to much at a time? The Tool Rest Bar is ideal for sharpening curved, even bevel edges that are typically used on spindle and roughing gouges.
- The large, 3” x 5” slotted platform is the ideal way to sharpen flat edged tools like wood turning skews, chisels and hand plane irons. The platform has a slot milled horizontally through it so it can accept the included tool holder. The tool holder is designed to keep your tools at the correct angle while being able to slide side to side during the sharpening process.
- The PRO GRIND Sharpening System also comes with a number of setup jigs and accessories to help in the setup process to sharpen your tools to the proper and repeatable angles. From the built-in projection gauge on the Multi-Grind arm to the Magnetic Micro Bevel setup block you’ll be able to achieve consistent repeatable angles and produce excellent results each and every time you use the PRO GRIND Sharpening Jig system.
The PRO GRIND Sharpening System
With the most complete sharpening system available, you can sharpen tools with precision, repeatability and you can do it all without the guesswork!
Sharpening your tools doesn't have to be a chore any longer. The PRO GRIND Sharpening System includes multiple setup gauges and fixtures to make your process smoother and more enjoyable. We have painstakingly created this system with one goal in mind... remove all of the guess work! We believe we have achieved this with the PRO GRIND System. The best part however may simply be that we have also decided to include all of those setup gauges and fixtures at no additional cost to you! Listed directly below are just some of the tools you will be able to sharpen with the most complete sharpening system available today!
- SHARPEN GOUGES: Sharpen your gouges using the Multi-Grind Attachment and the Multi-Grind Bar. Standard grind on bowl gouges, short grind on bowl gouges, long grind on bowl gouges and a fingernail grind on spindle gouges are the four basic types of grinds used on gouges. Each of these grind types and more are achievable on the PRO GRIND Sharpening System. The Multi-Grind Bar is adjustable in and out to set help set the angle and the Multi-Grind Attachment sits in the Multi-Grind Bar pocket allowing you to perform a smooth rolling motion while you grind your gouges.
- SHARPEN SCRAPERS: The PRO GRIND Sharpening System includes a generously sized, slotted 3 x 5 inch adjustable platform with a tool holding slide. This allows for large scrapers to be ground with ease. Simply secure your scraper into the tool holder, set the angle for your tool and you're ready to go!
- SHARPEN PARTING TOOLS: When sharpening parting tools we will typically use the slotted platform. Lay the scraper flat on its side and this will produce a desirable slight hollow grind on your parting tool.
- SHARPEN SKEWS: Skews can be sharpened using the platform or it can be sharpened using the Multi-Grind arm by set the tool in the pocket of the arm and slightly working the skew back and forth. The preferred method is to use the platform with the tool holder in order to keep the skew steady while grinding.
- SHARPEN STANDARD CHISELS: Sharpen good old carpenter chisels up to a large 1-1/4" wide. Simply secure the chisel into the tool holder, set your tool angle and start grinding until you achieve the desired edge.
- SHARPEN YOUR TOOLS: The PRO GRIND Sharpening system has been designed with making your job easier in mind. We have done much of the math for you and have included multiple accessories to make the setup process easier. While we identify many wood turning tools as tools that the PRO GRIND can accommodate, the PRO GRIND can assist you in sharpening carving tools, plane irons and many other house hold tools.
3 Basic Ways to Grind Your Tools
The included and versatile Multi-Grind Jig will correctly shape the edge on bowl gouges, side grinds (aka Ellsworth grind, Liam O’Neil grind or Irish grind) or fingernail grinds for spindle work and detailing. Not only will it correctly shape your tools, you will also be able to repeat the process to produce consistent results every time you use it. The Multi-Grind Jig is designed to be used with the included Multi-Grind arm on the PRO GRIND Sharpening System and will accept tools up to 1.125” in diameter
The oversized, 3” x 5” slotted platform is the ideal way to sharpen flat edged tools like wood turning skews, chisels and hand plane irons. The platform has a slot milled horizontally through it so it can accept the included tool holder. The tool holder is designed to keep your tools at the correct angle while being able to slide side to side during the sharpening process.
Tool Rest Method
The PRO GRIND Tool Rest Bar attachment offers you the best possible way to achieve a precise edge to your bevels without taking of too much material off of your tool. After all, we need our tools to last a long time, so why would you want to take off to much at a time? The Tool Rest Bar is ideal for sharpening curved, even bevel edges that are typically used on spindle and roughing gouges.
Some of the Included Setup Accessories you won't find anywhere else!
Magnetic Micro-Bevel Setup Block
Many experienced wood turners grind 2nd and 3rd bevels on there gouges to remove the heel of the tool.This method results in smoother cuts in bowl blanks and most spindle woodturning operations.
Quad Setup Gauge
The Quad Setup Gauge gives you 4 of the most popular angles used to set up your platform.This is used when sharpening scrapers, skews, parting tools and spindle gouges or any tool ground at 45 degrees off vertical. The gauge enables users to set common angles quickly, accurately and best of all those angles are now totally repeatable!
Gouge Setup Blocks
With these setup blocks, you can now set the distance of the Multi-Grind bar quickly and accurately for the specific grind you are going to use. They also make your process repeatable since the setup "recipes" are etched right on to the setup blocks.
Now included with the Pro-Grind are the new glide blocks.The glide blocks keep the metal grindings from building up on the guide arms. Once installed they make aligning and adjusting the support arms in and out easy and smooth.
Standard Grind on Bowl Gouges
The standard grind is used by most tool manufacturers for bowl gouges regardless of diameter of the tool. This is a general use type of grind that is best used on dry wood for both inside and outside of bowls, plates and platters. This grind is easy to use for most skill levels.
PRO GRIND Sharpening System
Built-In Projection Guide!
Figuring out how far in or out your tool should project is typically not very easy to do. We have done the hard work for you! We have built a tool projections setup gauge right into the Multi-Grind arm! It allows you to quickly determine the projection of the tool base on the Gouge Setup Block recipes on the side of each block. It doesn't get much easier than this!
The most complete sharpening system
This is the only sharpening system that comes with a whole series of accessories to assist you in achieving the most accurate, repeatable and optimum results each and every time you use it! From the built-in projection gauge on the Multi-Grind arm to the Magnetic Micro Bevel setup block you’ll be able to precisely hone your tools each and every time you use it!
The PRO GRIND Sharpening System Includes:
- 2 each quick cam locking bases
- 1 each 27” Multi-Grind Bar with Tool Rest
- 1 each Multi-Grind Tool Holder
- 1each 3" x 5" Platform with Tool Holder
- 2 each Gouge Setup Blocks
- 4 each Guide Blocks
- 1 each Magnetic Micro Bevel Setup Block
- 1 each instructional DVD
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.